Big game today

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Big game today

Postby Kezz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:33 am

Rainham end sold out, should be a good day. Got a good feeling about today. Anyone want to predict a score?
Kezz

Re: Big game today

Postby steve347 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 am

Gills 2 -1 Port Vale.

Lee Hughes and Pope collide going for the same ball in the first minute and both are concussed. lol
steve347

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:57 am

Be nice to do the double over them and have a game in hand. 6am here ,could not sleep, already laced the boots up in case I get a call from MA , still 3 hours to go befor kick off, 10/1 says I am asleep when the game starts,lol .
Hope he is putting out the best of the best today, and not messing around with "who's turn it is to play this week" nonsense, need this one big time just so we can c*ck a snook at the rest of the division. GO BIG BLUE. Gillingham win 1-0.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Shame they did not go for a ball in the first minute and get concussions ,then we would have won 1-0, lol.
No worries still got a game in hand and while it will be nice to go up as Champions going up is all I care about. Got a few games comming up, but today we seemed to be the better team all round, just not able to find that one touch to give us a point, is that how it looked for you guys at the game ?
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Yes, I think overall we were the better team, but you can't give away a two goal lead in the first 15 mins and expect to get a result. Had the team not discussed the danger of Pope during the week? How was he allowed a free header in the 3rd minute for example, when there was plenty of time to get defenders around him? Why didn't someone try to tackle the winger before he planted the ball onto Pope's head? The second goal was just a shambles; the ball could have been cleared at least twice. When we had similar situations in their half, nothing seemed to run for us. Having said that, that was the best home performance for some time and if we play like that against lesse teams, we will generally win. Our home form is now terrible - we haven't won since November and now we are not even drawing games. Still, our away results are amazing and long may they continue to be so. Its just a little depressing when we keep seeing them lose at Priestfield.
lidbid46

Postby Elgrande » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 pm

What was the noise like when they came on to the pitch? Maybe the crowd needs to lift them at the start?
Elgrande

Postby Kezz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:35 pm

Agreed Gaz, great game, wrong result! We just look so nervous at home sadly. Brilliant to see Kedwell on the scoresheet again. Onward and upward!
Kezz

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 am

Amazing a few years ago we could not win away, then we could not loose, could not win but could not loose, now the mighty fortress known as Priestfield has proved to be penetrable, any chance we could ground share with Millwall for the rest of the season?
gillsfan1066

Postby Noircat » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:26 am

Well I have my morose demeanour today which I always get when we lose-but this home thing is starting to get to me.
Three big crowds and we go behind each time-and only pull one out of the fire-Fleetwood. Just not the thing. Our defence away is awesome and seemed asleep yesterday re Pope-and what a nasty bit of work he turned out to be.
We really should have won this and drawn at worst. Pressure back on at Rochdale and averages mean we will come a cropper away at some point and this could be the one. Disappointing phase.
NC
Noircat

Postby CadburyMan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:28 pm

"What was the noise like when they came on to the pitch? Maybe the crowd needs to lift them at the start?"

The crowd can't be faulted; behind the team every step of the way. Great noise and encouragement even with the disappointment at the final whistle.

But then everyone who was there would know that
Last edited by CadburyMan on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CadburyMan

Next

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION