Montrose

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Montrose

Postby Poshgill » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:42 pm

I hear that Montrose has gone on loan to Oxford. He's one of those players that divides fans. A bit Marmite. I actually like him and think he is a pretty decent player. Having said that, I think Legge is an ideal replacement and fits the bill well. In fact, it looks like Allen might be thinking ahead as the 2 players brought in already are solid division one players.
Poshgill

Re: Montrose

Postby Robpthegills » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:16 pm

I was never sure about Montrose. I think he was one of those players that did a lot of invisible work, the non glory work but is essential if a team is to do well.

For me he had too many bad days at the office.
Robpthegills

Postby Kezz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Poor ol Lewis is like so many before him, he goes from hero to zero very quickly. Good luck to him at Oxford, hopefully it'll boost his confidence, if nothing else.
Kezz

Postby mark8364 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:11 pm

I loved Lewis Montrose, never went missing during games, hard working player! Yes, he did make mistakes, but doesn't every player? What wound me up was the way he was badly treated by a section of fans with sh*t for brains!! Let's use Boxing Day as an example. OK, it wasn't a good day for the team, but after the last 2 results, it was a good kick up the bum. On Boxing Day after 30 plus completed passes, he made an error and half the crowd where on his back and cheered when he was replaced. Jack Payne made 2 errors in the first minute of coming on, yet nothing. Romain Vincelot gave the ball away on halfway for the Barnet goal, again nothing. Wish him well at Oxford United.
mark8364

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION