Southend

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Southend

Postby Noircat » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:04 pm

A really good first half performance made this a deserved win for Gills. A bit rearguard in second half with such a slender lead but this was just what the doctor ordered.
The new signing Legge was outstanding and Myles W tormented Old Clohessy from the start.
NC
Noircat

Re: Southend

Postby Poshgill » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:17 pm

An excellent result. I can't recall us doing the double over sarfend for many many years. A really important victory especially with other results going our way. Watch out for Rotherham though. They are creeping up on the rails. Best side I've seen so far. Big game for us on 12th now. I reckon it is our biggest match for quite a few seasons. Well what a joy it is to be top on Christmas day and New Year's day. Wonderful stuff.
Poshgill

Postby Rimshot » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:28 am

You're right on the money there Posh. A great win at Southend which hopefully has steadied the ship after some indifferent results.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 am

Quite handy having the Port Vale game so early on. Really wouldn't want us both a couple of points apart playing this game in April. Surprised Sky didn't fit the game into their live schedules though.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION