York

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

York

Postby Poshgill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 am

Well, me and the lad are in York tomorrow. One of ourfavourite away grounds and as they have been out of the football league for a while, one that we have'nt been too for a while. Really looking forward to it. Suspect that I will have too much to drink as York is a grand place for pubs and as Cadburyman is joining us, I am sure he will force me to drink too much!

If any boardsters are going, I'll be in the York Tap (by the station) from 1130. Come and say hi and I'll buy you a Christmas pint!
Poshgill

Re: York

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:57 am

True Gills fan, in the boozer at 11.30 Saturday morning and the game is not till Sunday noon ,lol.
Have a great day out, I like York as well, of course I only saw the tourist "bits" but seemed a nice place.
Hope you guys have a great day out and the Mighty Mighty Gills put a couple more past York than they put past us.
gillsfan1066

Postby Poshgill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Well the game was off due to waterlogged pitch. York wanted an inspection last night but the lovely old boys at the FA wouldn't let them. Never mind about the travelling fans. Luckily for me I was just at Birmingham station ready to board the train when the lad called with the good news. (I'd been in Brum on an overnight Chrimbo drink!) Oh well. Back home now. Grab some lunch and then off to the pub!
Poshgill

Postby Robpthegills » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Had the FA allowed the pitch inspection last night the coaches could have been cancelled without any cost to the supporters. Instead the fans are on the coaches just the other side of the dartford tunnel when they hear so they have to come home and lose valuable cash by having to pay in full for the coach trip.

Really should be sorted by the FA.
Robpthegills

Postby CadburyMan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:10 pm

The good lady & I travelled from Burton even though Posh had notified me of the postponement. Had already pre-booked the train so it seemed churlish not to go. A few beers in the York Tap and they're ALL on Posh's slate. Nice meal late afternoon and the 19:45 train home
CadburyMan

Postby Poshgill » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:03 am

Only 2 wins in 10 games is more than a blip. I'd say we are either having a complete loss of form or its a mid-season wobble. Let's hope it's the latter and it's not a case of others having worked us out.
Poshgill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:37 pm

I got shot down in flames a while back when I mentioned I was concerned by our lack of wins, reminded in no uncertain terms we were still top of the division. Well we are still top of the division and I am going to put this result down to over confidence, to much Christmas Turkey and a lack of intrest playing the bottom side,(we can beat them with our eyes closed).
Now with that said, the next three games against a bad away team in Nthmpton , not a great home team in Sarfend and a plain p** poor Bristol City should the football Gods be willing produce at least 7 points from the possible 9 or else I fear the "pack" will catch us. and that could be more than a blip , it will be a dam blimp in the road to Division One.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION