Good result ?

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Good result ?

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Seems nice to get a point, from this end it appears that we were the better team on the day and could have had the three? Glad to get this game out the way, looking at the next three on the programme I feel pretty good about a successful Christmas period where I think we should come away with at least 7 if not all 9 points.
Well done The Big Blue and Red Machine.
gillsfan1066

Re: Good result ?

Postby Kezz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:58 pm

I would've taken a point at the start of the game. 1st half was frustrating to watch, but last year we would've rolled over and have been pointless, this year's team has the spirit to pick itself up and get on with the job. 2nd half was a much better performance.
I've got a couple of concerns though, firstly we seem to have had a couple of games where we have carved out results with an underpar performance. I hope it's just a lull and we have the players to pick it up in the new year. Secondly, what is wrong with Kedwell? His spark has gone, he looked slow and low on confidence today. Where's the constant running, working and looking for the next opportunity? That worries me.
On a positive... We are top of the league for Christmas!
Kezz

Postby Elgrande » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:29 am

I get the feeling Kedwell doesn't feel wanted by Allen?
Elgrande

Postby mark8364 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 am

Elgrande wrote:I get the feeling Kedwell doesn't feel wanted by Allen?

That maybe true, but the fact remains that we dont lose a game that Kedwell starts! Is that enough though?
mark8364

Postby Poshgill » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 pm

That's an interesting opinion Elg. How did you come to that conclusion? With the amount of striking options we now have, it's interesting that Martin's starting 2 up front is Keds and Burton.

I thought Jack Payne was awesome yesterday. He really drove the midfield esp in the second half. I thought we were very slow out of the blocks yesterday. Fleetwood were a very well organised and decent side and you can't give teams a 2goal start. We did well to come back and showed some character. As a game of football it was very enjoyable to watch. Still 5 points clear and we'll be top at Christmas whatever the result at York. Happy days.
Poshgill

Postby Elgrande » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:50 pm

I just get the feeling from comments that Mr Allen is not Kedwells biggest fan. You said Jack Payne was awesome yesterday, but Mr Allen seems to have a problem with him as well.
Elgrande

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 am

Watched the first half of the Man City game, they appeared to have 10 forwards at anyone time in the oppositions box, maybe with the extra few quid Scally is chucking in we will be getting a couple of those guys?
gillsfan1066

Postby Kezz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 am

I'm not sure Martin Allen works that way Elg, he sees a team, not individuals. I do think, listening to him, he's a very clever man, he plays it very dumb to camera, but he's one switched on bloke. He's unlike any other manager we've seen at Gills.
I do also think Kedwell does need to up his game, he does get grief for not scoring from open play, so he needs to address that.

As for Jack Payne, he's a good player and maybe MA sees his potential to move up the leagues and make us some money in the process, Jack was by far, our best player last season, this season he's surrounded by good players, he's still good, don't get me wrong, but he's no longer our best. I'll be sorry to see him go, he's a great lad and an assett to our club, but his transfer listing has upped his game and if he goes, then he goes, we buy new players.
Kezz

Postby Elgrande » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Just get the feeling Mr Allen is not too keen on local lads playing for the club? Seems to want to keep fans at arms length unless they are a bit sycophantic, could be wrong.
Elgrande

Postby Kezz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 pm

What makes you think that Elgrande ?
Kezz

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION