IS BACK!!!
mark8364

Re: David Wright!!

Postby Rimshot » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:16 pm

SO ARE YOU !!
Rimshot

Postby mark8364 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Kent Messenger announced the deal, but apparently it didnt happen due to a problem at the Palace end?
mark8364

Postby Kezz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:23 am

So he's not back?
Kezz

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:50 pm

I normally champion the club whenever possible and hate to see criticism, but this has really annoyed me! We were told last week that there would be a signing this week, presumably David Wright, and then the news that he has signed is everywhere; Twitter, newspapers and TV stations. OK, I know these things sometimes go wrong, so although it is a shame, I understand that the signing did not happen in the end because of something going wrong at the Palace end. What has really got my goat is that there is absolutely nothing on the official website to explain to the fans! Plenty of pictures from MA's evening of fun and frolics, which I'm sure was highly entertaining, information about a girls U13 team, which frankly I have no interest in whatsoever, and various other stories from a few days ago. So my gripe is with the club about the lack of information that we have about the important things which are going on. I have loved this season and am full of praise for what MA is doing, but I am concerned that a lot of what we are told is about him, rather than about the team. Does anyone actually know what happened with the Wright loan, even now? And when will the Official site become worth looking at again? Enough moaning; here's to three more points this afternoon, and a happy and safe trip for anyone brave enough to have journeyed to Accrington.
lidbid46

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Even more bloomin' annoyed now - no live feed which I have become used to using when not at the game. Sort it out someone!!
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:39 am

Looking at it logically though Lidbid, what you are kind of eluding to is the club not saying that they haven't signed someone? This is partly why the club are the last to announce anything after it has done the rounds everywhere else. Until that player has signed a contract, there is no news and nothing to report - kind of the same here. I agree with you that it is frustrating with no news especially common knowledge ones but effectively they have just failed to report on something that didn't happen.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:16 pm

But they are able to put all sorts of personal comments up from MA and reports on things which I doubt anyone is really interested - it wouldn't take much to put up a post to explain what has happened. MA seems to be commenting on other sites that he expects to sign Wright in Jan, why not put something on the OS?
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

I fear the official site has become a tool of propaganda. We saw from that Cheltenham fan how they became exasperated with the "Martin's Message" bits which we now enjoy. Anything else is highly censured and the club have always had a policy of of only reporting once it is signed, sealed and delivered so it really doesn't leave an awful lot.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION