New pitch.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

New pitch.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Is the new pitch a roll out micro fiber carpet thingy ? I tried to look at the pix on the Gills site, I know it must be me but who shows a slide show of like 50 pix with the finished product on the pitch as the first 5 or 6 slides ?
I understand that showing the finished product first is good, gets fans interested but shouldn't the next pix be of stripping of the old pitch and then building up to show pix of the thing completed ???
Don't Maidstone Utd have this sort of pitch and isn't the number one complaint that the ball bounces twice as high as normal.
I sure hope we have been out on the field or carpet or what ever it is called and practiced from the first day half of the thing was laid. GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Re: New pitch.

Postby baronnight » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:56 pm

I think the Maidstone pitch is 100% artificial, ours is a hybrid pitch the same as used in the Premier league.
baronnight

Re: New pitch.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:33 pm

OK thanks, looks like we will have the best pitch in Division FOUR next year, thats what we used to call today's DIVISION TWO, being called DIVISION THREE and FOUR made the players feel inferior to players in DIVISION ONE and TWO.
. ppssss, come close, no closer, I don't want anyone else to hear this , .............. they were.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION