Are the wheels falling off a car getting faster?

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Are the wheels falling off a car getting faster?

Postby Garawa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Its a great time to be a fan but it feels like the wheels are starting to fall off a bit. Under MA I was concerned as his style was causing a negative impact around the club however this time I think Jed has galvanised everyone at the club from the players and staff to the fans. Should we go up it will be a very joyous time!

That said it seems that things are failing behind the scenes. I read today that Darren Hare has left the club today and he has done a marvelous job. Maybe he has a better option lined up and if so then the best of luck to him! Elsewhere though it appears that unless a catastrophe occurs, there is no impetus to replace ANYONE at the club. First we had the catering controversy but that appeared to have been bettered by recent offereings although the blues bar remains shut 3-4 months after it originally was meant to reopen. Last week apparently the outlets in the GR were closed causing a huge crush inside the RE for food and drink. We have heard the ticket office will be closing and only opening on Saturday's only. The media manager was on his own having previously been part of a 3 man team. He barely got a day off and worked daft hours and not surprisingly found a better job. Now the marketing manager has followed suit just 6 months into the role. It has left the club with no social media exposure during matches and a lot of people that used "The Wall" during matches with no access to information in games at all. Before anyone slates Scally, he has always been reactive rather than proactive and leaves everything until the very last minute possible so why this I don't know unless it has all come at once before any fan has had the chance to get covered yet!!!!

As we aim to go up into the toughest division we will ever have participated in, now is NOT the time for the wheels to fall off a car that is gathering pace! No infrastructure like this when we may potentially have double the crowds would be devastating and to ensure it is successful it needs addressing NOW! Worried!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION